Even though it feels like anything but with the last few days of grey and rainy, let’s welcome summer in with a meme borrowed from Sisyphus at Academic Cog”
1. What is your favorite part of summer?
Sleeping in – which only starts once the kids are out of school.
2. What’s your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Cold salads are my favourites whether they’re with potatoes, pasta, fruits or veggies galore. Oh, and gazpacho but it’s a chore to make myself. Worst food for the summer? Scorched stuff off of the barbecue. I like my food without blackened blisters on it!
3. Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
Frozen lemonade or, if that’s too solid. Lemonade.
4. Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Lawnmowers and long queues in the hot sun.
5. Pick one: the lake /the beach. Why?
Who needs to pick? We have a couple of beaches on the lakes hereabouts. To get to an ocean beach would be a huge effort so that makes me appreciate the lakeshore all the more, though one we’ll visit an ocean beach this summer.
6. Most amusing summer vacation trip you’ve ever taken?
I took the train one summer to visit my sister who was in grad school. I did the train “old school” with dainty heels, an oxford-cloth dress and a hat, of course. So much fun!
7. Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
It was the late 70s – I had a white, terry-cloth romper with a diagonal rainbow stripe across the bodice. *shudders*
8. Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be:
A quiet, bug-free seat on our shady back porch where I could read something for the sheer pleasure of it. Maybe next month!
2 responses to “Summer Meme”
Oh my gosh, I forgot about terrycloth and rainbow clothing. Had one of those, too…
Scary memories, aren’t they?